Any organisation may become more effective by being able to develop, collaborate, and communicate in a seamless manner. Having access to productivity tools that allow workers to accomplish their jobs more simply – and from any location – allows businesses to be more adaptable and competitive in their industry.
Microsoft Office 365 is a productivity suite that includes products such as Word, Exchange, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, and more. Because Office 365 is cloud-based, users can access the complete suite of features from any location, on any device, as long as they’re connected to the internet.
Office 365’s products complement one another and function together effortlessly, making it a must-have for any organisation.
Here are some important features.
Obtain Files From Anywhere
- With Office 365, your company may keep all of its files on the cloud. This means they may be accessed from any device with an internet connection, from any location. Being able to access all of the apps and files you need when you’re not in the office is invaluable for companies that value mobile working.
Cloud Storage that is Safe
- Unauthorized users can’t access your files if they get on your device since Office 365 is a completely secure environment with strong security measures in place, such as two-factor authentication. Security threats are recognised and eliminated instantly using threat detection and anti-malware, which is especially crucial for organisations that deal with confidential data or information. When you use Office 365, you can run your business without worrying about security.
Communication has improved.
- Users can utilise Office 365 to keep communication centralised and simple across Skype and Outlook. You can hold conference calls and meetings with employees and external agencies from anywhere in the world with Skype for Business, so you can always cooperate and communicate regardless of location or time difference. Teams has an instant messaging feature that allows users to contribute comments and upload files at the same time, which is excellent for cross-departmental collaboration and document co-authoring. On Teams, you may also ‘at’ people so that they are notified when a comment is directed at them. All of these capabilities allow you to stay in touch with teams and individuals at all times, regardless of where they are situated. Yammer is another Office 365 service that functions as a form of social network for your company. You may instantaneously message your whole workforce by posting to your company’s ‘news feed,’ and employees will receive an email reminder when a new post is made, ensuring that messages are not missed. Anyone can leave a comment on a post, and you can use Yammer to create several ‘channels’ for different purposes, so you don’t have to post to the entire organisation all of the time.
Spending that is predictable
- Office 365 is billed per user, per month, similar to a subscription. The price of your licences is determined by the degree of capability you select for your company. The cost of each licence is determined by the multiple enterprise levels, which comprise different applications and products. Paying per user, each month ensures a consistent outlay and allows you to plan your IT budget for the coming year. Upgrades are already included in the price of your licences, so there are no hidden expenses. If you purchase your licences through Core, you can adjust the amount of licences you have at any moment, for example, if you employ or fire workers. You will never be over-licensed, and there will be no waste.
Continuity of Operations
- Your business may continue to run normally even if there is a disaster at the workplace because files are kept in the cloud and backed up on a regular basis. Your email, files, and data are all safely kept on the cloud, regardless of what happens to your physical devices. Individual emails or entire inboxes can be restored using Exchange’s recovery tools if necessary. If you’re utilising Office 365, it can be business as usual in any situation.
Upgrades are performed automatically.
- All of the main apps, like as Word, Excel, and Outlook, are included and may be used online without installing any software. Upgrades occurs at specified times, so you don’t have to worry about being on the most recent version; it will happen automatically. The cost of purchasing new software is also eliminated because updates are included in your Office 365 licence subscription.
Collaboration that is centralised
- Through collaboration technologies, Office 365 allows you to share mailboxes, calendars, contacts, and modify documents in real time. Sharing calendars in Exchange allows you to know who in your company is available when, allowing you to organise meetings that are convenient for everyone the first time. Multiple users can access the same inbox with shared mailboxes, so messages can be filtered to land in the shared mailbox and not be missed. Another important tool for facilitating cooperation is SharePoint. Any staff member can access and work on documents saved here, and they can be shared through email as a link. Multiple users can simultaneously edit documents saved in SharePoint, making co-authoring simple. Thanks to little coloured flags that identify each user, you can see who is in the document at any time and even where they’re working.
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote are among the most popular products available with Office 365. Office 365 offers an unrivalled breadth of services for any organisation. The monthly subscription model for Office 365 allows businesses to purchase a plan that is appropriate for their size and number of users while continuing to operate as usual.